WTB Simonds / Anderson Raker gauge W/pin gauge

Any items you want to buy or sell, and any related services you provide.
MNSHIELD
PostsCOLON 11
JoinedCOLON December 1st, 2017, 6:14 am

WTB Simonds / Anderson Raker gauge W/pin gauge

Post by MNSHIELD » May 29th, 2018, 4:02 pm

Hey Everyone~

I am looking for a Raker gauge. I would like one with the pin gauge screw. Must be in working condition.

Thanks
MNSHIELD

sumnergeo
PostsCOLON 304
JoinedCOLON February 22nd, 2011, 12:31 pm
LocationCOLON Chiricahua Wilderness Area; Minneapolis

Re: WTB Simonds / Anderson Raker gauge W/pin gauge

Post by sumnergeo » May 30th, 2018, 11:13 am

We might have some available at the saw sharpening class on Saturday, June 2 in Chisago Lakes. I will take some pictures tonight and post them.

Jim_Thode
PostsCOLON 739
JoinedCOLON June 28th, 2012, 9:34 am
LocationCOLON Onalaska, Washington State, USA
CONTACTCOLON

Post by Jim_Thode » May 30th, 2018, 6:10 pm

They come up from time to time on Ebay.

sumnergeo
PostsCOLON 304
JoinedCOLON February 22nd, 2011, 12:31 pm
LocationCOLON Chiricahua Wilderness Area; Minneapolis

Post by sumnergeo » May 31st, 2018, 6:49 am

I had some luck with Jon Zimmer tools, good quality but price to match. I bought a Lakeside and a Simonds 342 from him some years ago. I checked and he seemed to have one available.

Another thought is that you can make a pretty darn good pin gauge. I made one with two pieces of hardwood and then drilled a hole for an 8/32 machine screw. It is as accurate as it needs to be.

I'll insert photos of six of the gauges that will be for sale at the saw class on Saturday. Prices range from $8 to $12. Also, I'll stick in some pictures of my Lakeside gauge. If you fail in finding one of the "name" gauges, send me a PM and we can see if that is something you would like to buy.
six-gauges.jpg
jointer1.JPG
jointer2.JPG
Also, keep haunting junk/antique stores Up North. Jointers are something that few people want and often end up in a miscellaneous box in the back.
Last edited by 1 on sumnergeo, edited 0 times in total.

PATCsawyer
PostsCOLON 686
JoinedCOLON February 19th, 2011, 5:27 am
LocationCOLON Northern Michigan

Post by PATCsawyer » May 31st, 2018, 7:30 am

My "go to" gauges are the Atkins #15 for pin setting, as the click wheel locks in easily and the settings are repeatable, and the Anderson for raker filing. More expensive, but worth the cost.
Atkins
fullsizeoutput_1659.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1659.jpeg (27.89 KiB) Viewed 2280 times
Anderson
fullsizeoutput_165a.jpeg

MNSHIELD
PostsCOLON 11
JoinedCOLON December 1st, 2017, 6:14 am

Post by MNSHIELD » June 1st, 2018, 3:36 am

Thanks for the replys. Sorry for the delay. We were out of power for the last few days.

Sumnergeo I might have to take you up on one of the bottom three in the picture of 6 you posted. I will PM you

I have access to a lakeside and they fit what I am looking for but unfortunately it is damaged, the main body is cracked and shifted and the pin gauge is also damaged.

I will also keep looking for Anderson's/Simonds.

Thanks again,
MNShield

Brother Ben
PostsCOLON 15
JoinedCOLON February 27th, 2019, 10:36 am

Post by Brother Ben » May 20th, 2019, 7:38 pm

Hi my name is brother ben.i also am looking for a crosscut saw jointer ,raker combo. Preferably with a pin gauge. I had a morin pat1929 and i like that style. I am open to other jointer raker gauges. If any one is interested in selling one i think you can write to me on this website.ive made filing equipment to get by,so I am greatful for that. I file large and small tooth patterns. Your friend brother Ben

Brother Ben
PostsCOLON 15
JoinedCOLON February 27th, 2019, 10:36 am

Post by Brother Ben » June 8th, 2019, 2:55 pm

The Lord made a way for me to get a jointer. Thank you if you were looking for one for us. Brother Ben

BUTTON_POST_REPLY