wooden crate or box for saw transportation.

Got a question? New to the forum? Feel free to post your questions here.
Gavin Longrain
PostsCOLON 667
JoinedCOLON May 17th, 2012, 10:51 am
LocationCOLON Dalbeattie, near Dumfries, Scotland
CONTACTCOLON

wooden crate or box for saw transportation.

Post by Gavin Longrain » April 30th, 2022, 1:26 pm

I have seen somewhere on this forum images and comment for a wooden crate or box for saw transportation. It had an opening at one end so you did not have to lift off the lid to get at the saws inside.

Can anyone give me its link? or a link to some similar design elsewhere?

Trailsawyer
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON July 1st, 2012, 7:27 am
LocationCOLON SW Washington State

Re: wooden crate or box for saw transportation.

Post by Trailsawyer » April 30th, 2022, 6:34 pm

I can not find a picture on the site now, but member "underbucker" had one that I'm sure he made...... maybe 7 or 8 years ago!
I was handy because you didn't have to unload items packed on top of the box remove a saw.
Gary

PATCsawyer
PostsCOLON 729
JoinedCOLON February 19th, 2011, 5:27 am
LocationCOLON Northern Michigan

Post by PATCsawyer » May 4th, 2022, 3:52 am

When I moved to Michigan a couple years ago I had to crate up all my saws for the movers. I put about a dozen in each box teeth up with channel lattice over the cutters. Saws were slotted into two kerf blocks, one at each end to keep them separated. Top, bottom and ends were 1x8 boards with ripped 3/8" plywood for the sides. I think I made six or seven of these according to saw length.

7E6BEE76-FD8A-4DFA-8592-646CCA9A3C4A.jpeg

ChiricahuaZac
PostsCOLON 75
JoinedCOLON November 21st, 2011, 2:22 pm
LocationCOLON SE Arizona

Post by ChiricahuaZac » May 13th, 2022, 12:01 pm

That's a nice way to box up a bunch of saws for moving. I suppose I could do that with my electrolysis tank if I ever needed to do the same packaging for a big move. I'd just have to take out the plastic liner and it would essentially be the same looking box. I would need several boxes thought... :lol:

BUTTON_POST_REPLY