West Coast Crosscut Saw Filers Social

Got a trail project or crosscut saw training or certification course you want to advertise? Post it here!
sandersdwa
PostsCOLON 56
JoinedCOLON January 11th, 2015, 6:53 pm

West Coast Crosscut Saw Filers Social

Post by sandersdwa » January 14th, 2020, 8:02 am

We will be holding our first annual West Coast Crosscut Saw Filers Social on January 24th, 2020 through January 26th at the Wind River Training Facility near Carson, WA. There will be crosscut saw filing demonstrations and discussions on Saturday the 25th and a Social spaghetti dinner that evening. The filing demonstrations and discussions will be tailored to filers with some filing experience. This will not be a class for new filers (maybe next year?).

If you are interested and want more information please email sandersdwa@hotmail.com
Don

apanter
PostsCOLON 3
JoinedCOLON July 13th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Re: West Coast Crosscut Saw Filers Social

Post by apanter » January 14th, 2020, 9:18 am

Thanks for posting this Don!
I suggest anyone who is bringing something for “show and tell” to have a clear label on the item with the owners name and maybe “not for sale” or “sale or trade possible” on the tag.
Maybe we could set up a table or two for all of our share items and separate tables for the items that people would like to offer for sale or trade.

apanter
PostsCOLON 3

Post by apanter » January 14th, 2020, 9:25 am

I’m really hoping some of the old saw company original books and catalogs show up. I would like to buy or trade for an original Atkins, Simonds and Disston catalog.

Trailsawyer
PostsCOLON 92
JoinedCOLON July 1st, 2012, 7:27 am
LocationCOLON SW Washington State

Post by Trailsawyer » January 14th, 2020, 6:06 pm

Thanks for posting information about the social/class!
Having a couple of "swap" tables is a great idea as well.
I hope I can make it!
Gary

PATCsawyer
PostsCOLON 697
JoinedCOLON February 19th, 2011, 5:27 am
LocationCOLON Northern Michigan

Post by PATCsawyer » January 15th, 2020, 4:13 am

You West Coasties are fortunate to have such a deep base of skills and experience. I'd have a hard time scaring up such an interest in Northern Michigan, an area known for its logging history and lumber camps.

apanter
PostsCOLON 3

Post by apanter » January 15th, 2020, 7:55 am

I believe that we are very fortunate. If we planned far enough in advance maybe some from the East could find a way to get over here to the West for the next one? (If that happens)

sandersdwa
PostsCOLON 56
JoinedCOLON January 11th, 2015, 6:53 pm

Post by sandersdwa » January 15th, 2020, 11:26 am

apanter wroteCOLON
January 14th, 2020, 9:18 am
Thanks for posting this Don!
I suggest anyone who is bringing something for “show and tell” to have a clear label on the item with the owners name and maybe “not for sale” or “sale or trade possible” on the tag.
Maybe we could set up a table or two for all of our share items and separate tables for the items that people would like to offer for sale or trade.
One of the items I'll be putting on the swap table for the social is about 900 wire tie tags that I over ordered. Folks could utilize these to tag their items.
Attachments
20191227_150635.jpg

BUTTON_POST_REPLY