Search found 683 matches
- June 12th, 2019, 4:49 am
- ForumCOLON Other manufacturers or dealers catalogs and ads
- TopicCOLON Ohlen-Bishop 1927 catalog
- RepliesCOLON 1
- ViewsCOLON 129
- June 12th, 2019, 4:42 am
- ForumCOLON Simonds Saws
- TopicCOLON Simonds No. 113?
- RepliesCOLON 3
- ViewsCOLON 230
Are you sure it's not a "B"? I have an Ohlen-Bishop one man saw with a B stamped on the heel. I've not noticed a similar stamp on my big saws, but O/B copied the number scheme of Simonds and the saws look identical:
The western folks like using pumice stones, but you're not likely to find those out east. I use either electrolysis or a sanding block with 100g or 220g sandpaper (depending on rust). There are plenty of electrolysis posts on this site that describe the process. When sanding, I lubricate the saw wit...
- December 18th, 2018, 11:16 am
- ForumCOLON Crosscut saws 101
- TopicCOLON Simonds saw shortened on both ends?
- RepliesCOLON 9
- ViewsCOLON 628
That's a nice length for eastern US and Canada. That, and 5.5' saws are the most requested lengths from people who approach me for saws. My six and seven-footers just collect dust.