B.A.L.S.O.F

Got a question? New to the forum? Feel free to post your questions here.

B.A.L.S.O.F

Postby Sawman » June 2nd, 2017, 2:01 am

Due to Dollys very sucessful U.K. tour. I would like to announce the formation of The British Association of Long Saw Owners & Filers. Its aim is to help with the care,maintance and promote the use of crosscuts within in the U.K. Still in the early stages as yet and as Dolly as our Honorary Madam President its a very very good start. Cheers Sawman
IMG_4651.JPG
Sawman

Re: B.A.L.S.O.F

Postby dayle1960 » June 5th, 2017, 1:49 pm

I bet that was a very fun class with having only a few folks attending. Too many people would have taken away from the intimate feel of the class. How was Dolly as a teacher? I've seen a youtube vid of her and she seems very pleasant. I kind of wonder what was her motivation for wanting to go to Great Britain for a training session. Was it part of a vacation or did she have other business dealings over there.

Did you happen to video tape the class?
dayle1960

Dolly Chapman Training

Postby Gavin Longrain » June 6th, 2017, 4:53 am

dayle1960 wrote: How was Dolly as a teacher?

Excellent.

dayle1960 wrote:I I've seen a youtube vid of her and she seems very pleasant.

Dayle, 'pleasant' does not cover it. She is stunning effective at conveying information. She does that graciously, making no-body wrong but also allowing no-one to grab the group's attention. I'd sign up for one of her 4 day classes pronto if I were you: the longer the better and the more knowledge you'll get.

dayle1960 wrote:Did you happen to video tape the class?

Parts of it yes, but these videos are sadly for my own use at the moment. As Dolly points out a video can give a misleading impression. Unless I gain her explicit permission, they will remain private.
Gavin Longrain

Re: B.A.L.S.O.F

Postby Sawman » June 8th, 2017, 3:18 am

All I can say is that Dolly is a very natural teacher, has deep knowledge of saws and her trade and was a joy to be taught by her. If you can get on one of her courses you will not be disappointed. I for one hope to travel to the U.S. for one of her longer courses and also meet up with other saw people. Dolly is that good. Sawman.
IMG_1288.jpg
Sawman

Return to Crosscut saws 101