Saw Anvil making

Discussions about other types of tools, logging history, trail maintenance, etc.

Saw Anvil making

Postby Gavin Longrain » June 17th, 2016, 7:33 am

I propose to get some saw anvils fabricated from forklift tines. PM if you are interested. I will work out more detailed costs before you commit, but we are looking at £40 for the tine plus £150 for the surface grinding BOTH sides i.e. you will have two-sided anvil. I don't yet know if VAT will figure here or not - if so you'd have to budget £250 for the anvil. Then there is delivery to you - unless you want to come see me or Dr Duncan at one of our imminent events. They will be like John Starling's anvil seen in Joel Burn's recent video. I'll be pumping John for all the info I can. Dimensions will be approx 30 x 6 inches and will be fabricated from the vertical part of the tine - because that has less stress in it.
Gavin Longrain

Re: Saw Anvil making

Postby Dale Torma » July 2nd, 2016, 8:19 am

I have been checking out the scrapyards and have not found broken forklift times as of yet. Sooner or later I'll find some.
Dale Torma

Postby Gavin Longrain » July 2nd, 2016, 8:41 am

Dale Torma wrote:I have been checking out the scrapyards and have not found broken forklift times as of yet. Sooner or later I'll find some.

Look at companies that supply forklifts. You will have more success.
Gavin Longrain

Postby Dale Torma » July 2nd, 2016, 9:54 am

Ill check next time I drive to Duluth.
Dale Torma

Return to Other General Discussion