Dolly Chapman course May 23-27

Got a trail project or crosscut saw training or certification course you want to advertise? Post it here!

Re: Dolly Chapman course May 23-27

Postby PATCsawyer » May 29th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Sorry I missed the saw test. I was certifying sawyers in the meadow and got back after you guys had finished the course. Roscoe's vise was a beast. Glad I didn't have to carry it in......

Too bad I can't meet up up with the UK gents, as I'll be in Cardiff in two weeks.
PATCsawyer

Postby Gavin Longrain » May 29th, 2016, 11:17 pm

PATCsawyer wrote: Too bad I can't meet up up with the UK gents, as I'll be in Cardiff in two weeks.

Hmmm - is all your time spoken for? We do have trains here and they work pretty good. Whilst I am 8 hours from Cardiff in Scotland, Sawman is in York and that is good for trains. Journey time 5 hours to York. And Sawman is a better filer than me. Check timetables here.
Gavin Longrain

Postby Sawman » June 1st, 2016, 12:53 pm

Hi Josh, Will 3 year notice do. A pension kicks in then. I have been in contact with Dolly a while ago and yes it can be done. It just seemed a long way off then. Now its creeping up at speed so I need to start to get my head around it, also I have a very close friend in Portland so it starts to make more scene as each day goes on. If I just learn one new thing it will be worth it. Somehow I think I will be learning many many new things. Also to meet up with other forum members will be excellent rather than through a computer. So will keep you posted. Regards to all Duncan.
Sawman

Previous

Return to Trail Projects and Training Opportunities