I want to be inspired by you

Got a trail project or crosscut saw training or certification course you want to advertise? Post it here!

I want to be inspired by you

Postby Gavin Longrain » November 16th, 2014, 2:31 am

a gathering in Sheffield, England in 2015 or 2016?

On 21 Dec 2015 Sawman and I visit the Ken Hawley Tool Collection within Kelham Island Museum . We meet Judith Smith to talk saws and explore creating some event(s), probably a smaller trial event in 2015 and some larger one in 2016.

If potentially you are interested in coming, please indicate what you'd like to do / show / exhibit in the very happy event you could be there. (You would not need to bring any saws, or files - just a few tools. ) Dates are absolutely flexible, so we could fit to you!

Please indicate by Reply or PM 'What I would be interested in doing or seeing if I did come' . Sawman and I can then give Judith a broad idea of the sort of thing that is possible - even if you are not able to attend. I want your ideas - I want to be inspired by you. If you cannot be there, your ideas can! ) For instance, I am particularly interested in making old saws relevant to a wider public so here in UK that will involve firewooding and also conservation groups.

Kelham Island Museum have stunningly large workshop space in an old industrial building. We'll attempt to negotiate access to their tooling e.g. could we grind saws on their grinding stones? :D
Gavin Longrain

Return to Trail Projects and Training Opportunities