Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co.

Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co.

Postby ChiricahuaZac » November 25th, 2011, 9:45 am

For several years I carried around a 4.5' D-handle saw with Champion teeth. It was nothing pretty to look at, but I put a nice set on it that make it cut well. It became one of the favorites of my trail crew, but I was a little bothered by not knowing anything about its origin. Then one day I noticed an engraving on the side: "Rev-O-Noc". After some searching on the web I learned that Rev-O-Noc was someone's name spelled backwards "Conover", and it was made by H.S.B. and Company. Apparently Conover was part of the "company". HSB was a Chicago based company, manufacturing all kinds of tools for about a century, and owned several other chain stores like True Value.

I found this HSB catalog on roseantiquetools.com and thought it should be shared on this forum. The saws start around page 52 of the catalog. I hope this helps someone out there identify a mystery saw they have.
Attachments
HSBandCo_OVBcatalog.pdf
(17.31 MiB) Downloaded 183 times
ChiricahuaZac

Re: Hibbard, Spencer, Bartlett & Co.

Postby Jim_Thode » April 18th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Here is a 5' long HSB & Co one man saw. OVB (Our Very Best) model. Not much taper with 0.069" on the teeth side and 0.064" on the back. Pretty much a wall hanger.

IMG_8926a.jpg

IMG_8929a.jpg

This is the saw in the catalog. I wonder what the date of the catalog is?
HSB.jpg

Jim
Jim_Thode

Return to Other manufacturers or dealers catalogs and ads