Welcome

Intro to the site and how to get your account activated

Updates - 2/25

Postby Crosscut Sawyer » February 25th, 2011, 10:55 pm

*Users can now post .mov files. Let me know if there are other extensions you would like to be able to post.

*New forum in Crosscut Database for Modern Saws.
Crosscut Sawyer
Site Admin

Re: Welcome

Postby Buggy Whip » April 27th, 2011, 5:54 pm

How Ya'll Are?
My shop has 7 saws and one reserved from Dolly.
Proper handles are my challenge.
Proud to be aboard.
Buggy Whip

Postby Crosscut Sawyer » April 28th, 2011, 6:56 am

Welcome Buggy Whip! I'll be in your area this summer, maybe we can tie in together somtime. I'll PM you my info.
Crosscut Sawyer
Site Admin

Postby nedsawyer » August 15th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Thank you!! This site has generated more help than I could have hoped for. There is a whole bunch of knowldge here and plenty of folks that seem to enjoy sharing it.

Again-thanks to you and everyone that helps keep it running.

Ray
nedsawyer

Postby da yooper » December 15th, 2011, 11:08 am

Howdy All, and thanks for allowing me to participate! I'm just getting started with only a couple old practice blades under my belt. The info I've gleaned from the site has been invaluable, and I look forward to contributing. Thanks much!
da yooper

Postby Treeline » December 16th, 2011, 10:42 pm

I found this forum recently and I'm glad that all this great information about these old saws can be accumulated in one place. I hope I can learn more and contribute some as well.
Treeline

Postby trailcrew » February 24th, 2012, 7:49 am

Noticed something when making posts in the "filing" forum today. Hidden amongst the posts about the details and preferences of filing, we also have some great general tutorial posts. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking about the "leveling and tensioning" thread and the "order of operations" thread. I wondered if they could all be collected together in a tutorial folder so that a new filer coming to the forum didn't have to wade through a zillion posts to see how it's generally done. Or perhaps organize the filing forum into posts on flattening, swaging, pointing, etc. It also works fine the way it is, just thinking is all.
Josh
trailcrew

Postby Crosscut Sawyer » February 25th, 2012, 9:40 am

I set the Order of Operations and Leveling and Tensioning as "Sticky" posts, so they will stay at the top all the time. That will work, but we need to be selective about what becomes a sticky, because it doesn't help to make everything appear 1st. If anybody else catches anything they think should be stickied, PM or email me. The benefit of the stickies is that they prevent redundant posts on basic topics.
Hope this helps.
Crosscut Sawyer
Site Admin

Postby BD Rec » November 14th, 2012, 2:36 pm

Great forum! I have been looking for something like this for years! Thanks for sharing experience, thoughts, theories and ideas! I will probably be asking a lot of questions, hopefully not repeating, because there seems to be a huge cadre of knowledge and experience here! Thanks! Jeff
BD Rec

Postby galde » December 27th, 2012, 9:49 am

I look forward to learning much on this site. One thing that struck me right away is the general tone of courtesy and willingness to share wisdom that is shone by the posters here. I feel that even when I ask what might seem to many to be a stupid question, I will get a helpful, polite response. I have recently become interested in crosscut saws and their proper use and maintenance since getting involved in volunteer trail work. I put in many hours pulling (but never pushing!) on two-man crosscuts as a youngster on the farm in ND about 60 years ago, but I have used only chain saws in the last 50 years. I stay busy in retirement doing small engine repair and now want to pay my dues in the crosscut arena.
galde

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome! New users, start here!