New Member !"

Intro to the site and how to get your account activated

New Member !"

Postby The Dude » May 22nd, 2015, 10:01 am

Glad to be a member of a League of Extraordinary people, my crosscutting experience is limited, however I hope to make up for lost time. I'd like to point out that I have equestrian skills having owned my own Horses and Mules.
I'm currently in the market for a two Man Bucking saw, preferably with perforated Lance tooth.
Hope to get to know everybody, and thank you !
The Dude

Re: New Member !"

Postby Jim_Thode » May 22nd, 2015, 8:42 pm

Welcome to the group. What part of the world are you from?

Depending on where you are finding a two man bucking saw should not be that hard. Generally if you want the best quality A lance tooth saw opposed to a perforated lance tooth will be a higher quality saw. The perforated saw is usually thinner and more limber then a lance tooth and require the cutter tooth supports found on a perforated saw.

Jim
Jim_Thode

Re: New Member !"

Postby The Dude » May 23rd, 2015, 6:42 am

yes, I am from Southern California, please don't hold that against me [lol] I am trapped in the inner cities of Los Angeles, I envy all of you who live in your rural or semi rural communities, (BTY) Jim, I subscribed to your YouTube channel, me and my family enjoyed your videos, I was watching the video where you taking your horse out for a ride, and it looked to me as if he was a little bit barn sour ? (just my observation) I recall years ago having a problem with my horse until I switched out my Snaffel bit, for a little port, wow, what a difference and we became best friends there after.
anyway 7 years with good behavior, (lol) I can retire, and EXIT the state of California !
As for my interest as a Crosscut Sawyer, and wishing to get involved with conservation, as in trail maintenance, working with other like-minded people, I really can't explain, perhaps maybe it's my call to the outdoors, trying to explain to other people, why I would be interested in in such a, labor intensive tools, rather than and chainsaw, can be challenging at times.
I am just starting my collection and obviously got into this a little bit late than others, and be able to use this form as a guide, I find will be very helpful for me.
with that said I'm looking forward to learning all I can, and to be as proactive as possible.
Thanks.....
Attachments
HEADSHOT03.JPG
The Dude

Return to Welcome! New users, start here!