Warning: Graphic Content

Discussions about other types of tools, logging history, trail maintenance, etc.

Warning: Graphic Content

Postby bwilbur » February 5th, 2016, 4:29 am

This may not be suitable for all viewers but I think that it is necessary for the cause of saving saws. Sometimes I feel guilty that I scan the local supplies of crosscut saws so frequently that maybe I don't give others a fair chance. But, it is not just the restorer that is lurking out there - there is also the predator. The most common type of predator is the dreaded saw painter, but I have found something much worse ... the saw cannibal!!! I ran across the remains of a massacre this morning as I scanned the local craigslist. Never again will I feel bad about saving a saw from this fate.

Saw piece 1.jpg

saw piece 2.jpg
bwilbur

Re: Warning: Graphic Content

Postby trailcrew » February 5th, 2016, 5:06 am

That atkins looks like it could've been brand new before it was chopped!
Josh
trailcrew

Postby Trailsawyer » February 5th, 2016, 1:16 pm

Quite possibly salesman samples??
Gary
Trailsawyer

Postby trailcrew » February 6th, 2016, 6:21 am

Salesman samples make good sense. The p-lance hunk in the upper left looks like it has been filed several times.
Josh
trailcrew

Postby bwilbur » February 6th, 2016, 6:54 am

Yes, probably salesman samples. The heavy filing on that one sample made me think that they were used but the fact that they all appear to have the Atkins logo would suggest samples. Perhaps I could buy all the samples, line them up and weld them into a single saw ... :lol:
bwilbur

Postby Treeline » February 6th, 2016, 2:45 pm

Those would be nice to have for saw training classes to show different tooth patterns without having to handle whole, full-size saws. What were they asking for them and did you buy them?
Treeline

Return to Other General Discussion