Timber - Falling - Falling - Boom

Discussions about other types of tools, logging history, trail maintenance, etc.

Timber - Falling - Falling - Boom

Postby Jim_Thode » December 20th, 2015, 9:46 am

Just for the fun of it....

Jim
Jim_Thode

Re: Timber - Falling - Falling - Boom

Postby Treeline » December 21st, 2015, 6:50 pm

Great pic(s)!

GoPro?
Treeline

Postby Jim_Thode » December 22nd, 2015, 7:21 am

Treeline wrote:Great pic(s)!

GoPro?

Yes, GoPro video that I pulled frames off of.
Thanks,
Jim
Jim_Thode

Postby sandersdwa » December 24th, 2015, 4:04 pm

Hey Jim, when I was taught saw safety it was always stressed that even the most inexperienced can give a safety call on even the most experienced no matter what.
With that said and all due respect to your experience, I care enough to say I wish the teeth of that saw was not right there next to your midsection.
Respectfully,
Don
sandersdwa

Postby Jim_Thode » December 24th, 2015, 11:41 pm

sandersdwa wrote:Hey Jim, when I was taught saw safety it was always stressed that even the most inexperienced can give a safety call on even the most experienced no matter what.
With that said and all due respect to your experience, I care enough to say I wish the teeth of that saw was not right there next to your midsection.
Respectfully,
Don

Don,
Yes, I noticed that too. I'll have to look at my other falling videos to see how they look.

The most dangerous part of falling is at the point that the tree starts to move, hopefully in the intended direction. The faller normally grabs the saw and runs or moves quickly to a safe position and the same time keeping a close eye on everything that is happening. There are some that say and it really makes sense to just leave the saw on the stump and get away without the saw. This eliminates one hazard at this critical time but it is hard to do that because of possible damage to the saw. Really if all goes as it should the saw should be quite safe just laying on the stump as the tree falls.

Jim
Jim_Thode

Return to Other General Discussion