UNKNOWN SMALL SINGLE PLACE BUCK CROWN TOOTH

Ohlen-Bishop, Dunham, Carrigan & Hayden, and saws with department and hardware store markings like Montgomery Ward.

UNKNOWN SMALL SINGLE PLACE BUCK CROWN TOOTH

Postby azmica saws » October 3rd, 2013, 8:53 am

this is just another of the unusual saws that i find fascinating - think it should be added to the database here for future reference.

this one is unmarked as to it's maker but stamped with "usfs" up near the spine.
doesn't look to have seen much use - the toothline is 27 1/2" long but it had a "snaggletooth" at the toe that i removed to keep it from hanging up.
the plate is a light gauge at .038 .... much like a handsaw and it is flat ground.
you will notice that in the crotch between the points of the crown, i have, with a small round file ... filed in a little relief. this will keep the edge of the file from nicking the plate as we often see .... creating a weak spot which could be trouble ... if you hit a knot. the saw was missing the #2 screw so the medallion is a replacement . the steel is good and the plate is tensioned - i have no further information, but maybe one day in the future we will discover more.

IMG_3719.JPG

IMG_3722.JPG

IMG_3747.JPG

IMG_3756.JPG

IMG_3754.JPG
azmica saws

Return to Other Makes